Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Favorite Movies? Maybe?

A meme going around that asks you to list your favorite films. At nearly 8000 movies and with my memory problems, I don't know how accurate this will be, but I've been looking at Roger's list for a couple of weeks and thinking... why not just do it and see what comes to mind right off?

So, just right off the top of my head...

Most Hated Movie Of All Time: Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Movie I Think Is Overrated: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Movie I Think Is Underrated: The Neon Demon
Movie I Love: The Adventures of Robin Hood
Movie I Secretly Love: I can't think of one where I've made a secret of it.

Favorite Action Movie: Die Hard
Favorite Drama: I find this one a little too general to answer... it's not really like a genre.
Favorite Horror: The original Halloween
Favorite Comedy: The Blues Brothers
Favorite Romance: Love Actually

Favorite Fantasy: The Dark Crystal
Favorite Disney Movie: Bambi
Favorite Science Fiction Movie: Time Bandits
Favorite Book to Movie Adaptation: The Lord of the Rings
Favorite Animated Movie: the "recobbled" fan edit of The Thief and the Cobbler

Favorite Superhero Movie: the 1978 Superman
Favorite War Movie: The Big Red One
Favorite Thriller: Vertigo
Favorite Cop Movie: The Fugitive
Favorite Musical: West Side Story

Favorite Chop-Socky: Rumble in the Bronx
Favorite Documentary: Night and Fog
Favorite Bad Movie: I like so many movies that aren't classically, y'know, "good," man.
Childhood Favorite: The Muppet Movie
Favorite Franchise: The Marvel Cinematic Universe

Best Trilogy: Star Wars, original trilogy
Guilty Pleasure: I don't feel embarrassed by what I like, so nothing
Favorite Director: Terry Gilliam
Favorite Actor: Christopher Lee
Favorite Actress: Elizabeth Taylor

Favorite Movie This Year So Far: Get Out
Worst Movie So Far This Year: I really didn't like The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. I've only seen a few movies in the cinema so far this year and I liked them all.
Movie I Have Recently Seen: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
What I Thought Of It: Pure magic.
Favorite Movie Of All Time: E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial

2 comments:

Pat O'Connor said...

Which Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. Rooney Mara or Noomi Rapace?

SamuraiFrog said...

Rooney Mara. I like the trilogy with Noomi Rapace.