Sunday, November 27, 2016

Song of the Week: "Christmas Time (Don't Let the Bells End)"

SamuraiFrog's Essential Christmas Songs #34. God, I love The Darkness. They recorded this in 2003, the same year their fantastic debut album, Permission to Land, was released. It's still a favorite. So, of course, I like to hear this song--which sounds like Slade mixed with Queen mixed with divine inspo--very year at Christmas. Honestly, given the national tenor right now, and the fact that Halloween and Thanksgiving and even Black Friday didn't get a lot of play online this year, I feel like Christmas is probably going to be small and somewhat subdued this year. I don't think it's going to be that big a deal in my circles, and that's fine. But I'm enjoying the music already, the tree's all up and decorated, and I can't wait for November to be over, because this month sucked and there are still three miserable days to go, and my schedule is loaded up. Can't wait for it to end.

Sing it, Justin.

No comments: