Saturday, October 01, 2016

It's October 1st

As you know, that's when it gets all Halloween-y on my blog. I don't think I have as much stuff this year to do Halloween every day, but I'm going to make sure I post some great stuff on our way to my favorite day of the year.

If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram, you've already seen that I've been finding (and documenting) Halloween in the wild for about the last month. Store displays are some of my favorite little Halloween touches, and at my local grocery stores, I already found these:

Those were all at my local Hy-Vee.

But by far my favorite is this big pumpkin that's part of a Hershey's display/alcove over at Shnucks.

Can you see the big inflatable cat in the background? This whole set-up is just wonderful. I want to bring that pumpkin home and set him up as a permanent fixture in front of the window and name him and put him in my will. Unfortunately, all I would be able to leave him is unpaid college debt.

It's at that same Shnucks where I've been seeing all of these nonchalant ghost decorations.

"Aaaayyyyy, come on in, MTV. Welcome to my crib! This is where the magic happens. The dark, satanic blood magic. FYI, you won't be leaving, but we can listen to some Yeezy before the appointed time for the ritual to begin. Did you meet my enormous pumpkin friend at the front door?"

"What are you saying? I'm trying to find the creamy Jif peanut butter. Creamy. I'm a pumpkin, these teeth are soft and decorative. Has anyone seen the creamy Jif peanut butter?"

"I'm afraid I find this Hershey's display much too frightening! I'll never shop here again!"

Like I said, I'm not sure it'll be every day this year, but I'm going to be very excited every day for the spooky season, my favorite time of year, until the Great Pumpkin rolls up the leaf-covered carpet and calls it quits for another 365 days. Until then, there' magic everywhere.

No comments: