Thursday, October 06, 2016

HALLOWEEN: Danse Macabre

I've been blogging for some time now, and this year I decided to look back at some of my Halloween posts from (gulp) 10 years ago. That year, *most* of what I posted were videos, and nearly all of them have gone away since 2006. So, what the hell, since this is some of my favorite stuff to play in October, why not share it again to enhance my own Halloween mood?

So, Thursdays in October, I'll just be putting up some pieces of art music that my Halloween is never complete without. This is one of those pieces I've imagined my own animated short version of that will never exist.

First up: Danse macabre, Op. 40, composed in 1874 by Camille Saint-Saëns. This in particular is my favorite performance of this piece, with Leonard Bernstein conducting the New York Philharmonic.

1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

good series idea!