Thursday, September 08, 2016

Happy Birthday, Star Trek

I'm going through one of my phases right now, so I don't have anything particularly eloquent to say about it, but I wanted to acknowledge the 50th anniversary of Star Trek. Of course, the show was long-canceled by the time I was born, but it was my Mom's favorite show as a kid, and she introduced me to it through local reruns about the time Star Trek III: The Search for Spock came out on VHS (so around the middle of 1985). It didn't take me long to become a huge fan, and to start reading books about Trek (more about the making of the series itself than the novels). I remember going as Spock for Halloween either that year or the next. A day doesn't pass for me without something that's Star Trek-related appearing. It was a huge influence on me, and it continues to be.

Happy Birthday, Star Trek.

No comments: