Sunday, July 10, 2016

Song of the Week: "Steal My Sunshine"

Remember this Len song from 1999? It was on the Go soundtrack. Remember Go? It got some attention for like a minute and then Go was gone. It's a forgotten movie, but I don't think it deserves to be. Lots of stuff got lost in the shuffle in the late nineties. I blame Y2K. Anyway, this one just makes me feel good in the summer, and what more can you ask from a summer song? Especially when you've been having tremendous back pain all week long?

3 comments:

Jason said...

I never thought I'd be nostalgic for the late '90s, but damn if this doesn't do the trick. I associate this song with a long trip my lady and I took to California in 1999; ostensibly we were going to attend my best friend's wedding, but we turned it into a vacation for ourselves while we were there. A big Jewish wedding, Venice Beach, and Disneyland. That's what this song brings back.

Thanks for reminding me.

SamuraiFrog said...

It's funny how things make us nostalgic. I didn't care for the Backstreet Boys in the mid/late 90s, but now whenever I hear "I Want It That Way" I just listen to it and smile about a time (when the song was EVERYWHERE) when my life was relatively simpler and my mental things didn't keep me inside as much. If you'd asked me at the time, I could've told you everything I didn't like about my life then. Today, I just miss being more carefree. And it's a song I didn't even like that puts me back there.

Splotchy said...

SO I MISSED A MILLION MILES OF FUN