Sunday, July 17, 2016

So, I'm 40 Today

Gee. No coherent thoughts about it. I never really rationally thought I'd get here. Not, like, for depression reasons or anything like that, I just never really thought about it. It's a mile marker, that's for sure, and I only feel a little bit different, but also I feel like people expect me to sort of close one book and start another, if you catch my meaning.

See? Nothing coherent.

Anyway, today I'm gonna relax, watch some Netflix, have a pizza, make some cupcakes, and just turn 40, man.

6 comments:

Carl said...

Happy Birthday, old man (I only get to say that for a few more months, and then I'm right there with you)!

Seriously, that sounds like a great plan! Kate's original plan for me was some sort of surprise party, but I can't stand those. I much prefer the type of day you're going to have, and I hope its a good one.

Happy Birthday!

Autumn said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like a wonderful plan, swap the pizza with nachos and it would be my ideal celebration!

I had the same thought when I turned 30, like I was supposed to...box up my younger life and start the next chapter. Or have some kind of plans and goals for my thirties that I would need to start working on. Maybe it's just the whole milestone feeling.

Either way, enjoy your day!

Ramon said...

Creator of the godzilla meme! Happy birthday!

SamuraiFrog said...

Thank you, everyone!

Roger Owen Green said...

Happy natal day. Since I'm over two decades older than you, I SHOULD call you "old man." Right? Left?

SamuraiFrog said...

My Dad turned 61 this year, and he always likes to tell me: "You're getting older. I'm not, but you are." So I always answer back: "That's because you already ARE old, Dad."