Friday, May 20, 2016

This Week in Neat-O

Not a lot this week, but here's some stuff.

:: Trailers: Don't Breathe, from the maker of the terrible Evil Dead remake, looks kind of crazy. I very much want to see The Red Turtle, the Ghibli co-production directed by Michael Dudok De Wit. The new Ghostbusters trailer (and international version) are frankly better than Ghostbusters II. I'm really looking forward to Personal Shopper, the re-teaming of Kristen Stewart and writer-director Olivier Assayas, who made the best film of 2014, The Clouds of Sils Maria. (Yeah, it got booed at Cannes. So did L'Avventura.) Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping looks funny to me; it looks like a feature-length Bieber parody, but I love the Lonely Island guys. And lastly a new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows trailer where you can see some Krang action. I hope this one is at least fun.

:: A supercut of Matthew McConaughey's weird noises.

:: The Many Myths of Making Star Wars, Busted

:: Rob Zombie debunks his Wikipedia page.

:: We Knew Her Value: Why Peggy Carter Will Be Dearly Missed

:: Game of Thrones' Tower of Joy Scene Is Vastly Improved With the Music of Ennio Morricone

:: The Muppet Mindset is still my favorite Muppet fansite; Jarrod Fairclough has some thoughts I echo on the cancellation of The Muppets.

No comments: