Friday, May 06, 2016

This Week in Neat-O

Just a few things this week; I'm out for therapy, Five Guys, and Captain America: Civil War today.

:: Larry Wilmore eviscerated the media at the White House Correspondents dinner, and the media did not dig it... which is, of course, why it's necessary to tell the press to the face that they're not doing their damn jobs. Boy, the media really gets offended when they get called out for their attempts to cozy up to the rich and powerful...

The bit about Ted Cruz being the Zodiac Killer is the best bit, but I found Larry's closing remarks very moving.

:: Woman who defied 300 neo-Nazis at Swedish rally speaks of anger

:: New trailer for Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

:: This trailer for the upcoming Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens video games shows off the wealth of new missions that will be added. You know I love me some Lego games, as well as Star Wars, so I cannot wait to waste half my summer on this baby.

:: Watch Sonia Manzano Receive Her Lifetime Achievement Emmy

:: Here's Where Everyone in the Marvel Cinematic Universe Stands at the Start of Phase 3. I'm really looking forward to the movie today; I get a little weary when one of these movies comes out, because they're always accompanied by think pieces where people just... talk a lot about how these movies aren't perfect and they left out something that worked in a different medium four decades ago, and... I don't know, man, I just don't care. What I care about is that the MCU has been the most consistently fun thing in movies for me for almost a decade now. Nothing has been so fatal that I haven't enjoyed all of the movies, even the less good ones.

I'm going to just enjoy myself today.



Postscript: I haven't been here much of late. Bouts of depression mixed with going through things at my late mother-in-law's farm so we can sell it and close out all of the estate business. It eats up a lot of time and it's very emotional. I'm thinking of doing something profoundly navel-gazing and biographical here in the future, and I do want to go back to my Marvel Comics series, so there are actual plans to do actual things. You know, eventually.

3 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

One of thse days, I should see the first Avengers film. Because, except for Ant-Man, I haven't seen ANY of the Marvel movies from that point forward, not out of disdain, but rather a completist sense of order. (I guess I COULD have seen the Guardians).

Paradox Al said...

Dear Roger,

You should totally watch Guardians; it's amazing and some critics have even called it the Most Auteur-driven Film of 2014.

MC said...

The first Avengers film was the first one I saw in the MCU, so it is a good jumping in point too.