Sunday, May 15, 2016

Song of the Week: "Warszawa"

I'm feeling really peaceful this morning. So many kids moved out this week and graduated yesterday, so it's a quiet day. We got a frost last night and it's just been cold and damp--seriously, 31 degrees in mid-May?--and there's been flooding, but today it's just sunny and cool and my flowers survived and the birds and squirrels and bumblebees keep coming up to hang out, drink the rainwater collected by the flower pots, pollinate the flowers, or nibble at the bread we leave for them. Sunday mornings can be so nice. The coffee's ready and I slept through the whole night for once. So here's the kind of tone poem that I like when my consciousness is really copacetic. Composed mainly by Brian Eno, from David Bowie's 1977 classic Low.

No comments: