Friday, April 22, 2016

This Week in Neat-O

:: A Psychotic Rant About Going to the Cinema. I still don't think this Screening Room service is worth a damn unless you have a number of kids, so the cost evens out, but I do think it's long past time we bypass theaters and be able to rent movies at home they day of release. The theater (at these prices and with my financial situation) is just for stuff I want to see on the big screen, which tops out for me at between three and six movies a year (if I can afford it, because believe me, I would've loved to see Fury Road in a movie theater). I'll gladly pay an evening ticket price if it means I get to stay home, not deal with the crowd, and order a pizza. Staying home is premium add-on to me, just not fifty bucks premium.

:: Ranking: Every Disney Song From Worst to Best. Always thought about doing this myself.

:: Agoraphobia Is A Physical Illness: 5 Strange Realities. I have agoraphobia, but this Cracked article brought up some things I've actually never intellectualized before. (Particularly about the fear of having a fear response and the fear of feeling the shame of melting down in front of others.)





:: The new trailer for the Warcraft movie looks bizarre and stupid-fun.

:: Not sure what to think about The Girl on the Train. I was going to read that novel, so maybe it'll be one of my summer reads.

:: The Jason Bourne trailer... I don't know. I'm not excited about it. I know I'll see it, but this doesn't look that distinct from the other movies, and I'm not hanging on the story here, but I really like the first two movies, so I know I'll see it. These are all blending together now, just with a new growly old man who looks like he prefers to sit (Tommy Lee Jones this time). I guess they'll keep making these until Matt Damon's a growly old man who prefers to sit.

:: Bleeding Cool has all 25 variant covers for Betty & Veronica #1, and they're pretty wonderful.





:: In time for Earth Day: the Independence Day: Resurgence trailer.

Have a bright and sunny Earth Day, everyone. Rave un2 the joy fantastic.

No comments: