Thursday, December 24, 2015

Xmas: "One More Sleep 'Til Christmas"

SamuraiFrog's Essential Christmas Songs #33. I've already had one Paul Williams-written Muppet song up this seasonal go-round, but what a perfect time for this one.


My Christmas posts are really just a way to keep my holiday spirit going each year; just stuff to set the mood. As I've said, pop culture Christmas means more to me than anything else, probably because it just reminds me so much of being a kid and... maybe not happier, but easier personal times. That said, I've talked before about the personal connection I have to this movie and the very beginning of my relationship with Becca and my friendship with Carl. This movie, like no other, is my Christmas.

And I always remember how I put it on my Christmas mix one year and, while driving in the dark, Kermit sang "There's no such thing as strangers when a stranger says hello" and Becca said back "Hello." It just warms me.

One more sleep.

No comments: