Thursday, December 17, 2015

Xmas: "It Won't Seem Like Christmas"

SamuraiFrog's Essential Christmas Songs #31. I can't believe I haven't gotten any Elvis into this series. I remember seeing my Grandma Davis during the Christmas season a number of times, and she loved Elvis. One of the things she always used to play during the holidays was Elvis' Christmas Album, one of my all-time favorites. But, funnily enough, my favorite Elvis Christmas tune isn't on that album at all.

I like to hear this around the holidays because it reminds me so much of Grandma Davis. She used to make everyone--all seven of her children and all (at the time) fifteen of her grandchildren--Christmas cookies and fudge and send them out to all of us. I think that's one of the things I miss most about Christmas Past; getting those tins every December. She passed away in 2000, just after the first of the year. So I like to play Elvis Presley every year at Christmas in memory of my grandmother.

No comments: