Sunday, November 22, 2015

Song of the Week: "Saving Grace"

I don't know anything about Evan Johns & the H-Bombs; never even heard of them until a couple of weeks ago when someone I follow on Tumblr decided to relive his days as a college radio DJ and play some tunes. This one really caught me, and I've listened to this about four dozen times since. This is from 1986, and it's that kind of punk-inflected jangle rockabilly that I just freakin' love when it's done as great as it is here. Nothing more to say than: I really, really dig it.


(Note: this is appearing a day late because I didn't turn on my computer yesterday, because it was freezing and my intention--carried out successfully--was to just spend my entire Sunday watching Jessica Jones on Netflix. Though I had this one scheduled to post in the morning, but it turns out I'd just saved it.)

No comments: