Monday, November 16, 2015

Muppet Monday

I've been taking a break/convalescing for a bit, so here's a bunch of recent Muppet stuff, because to me there's no better way to start a week.

First up, the wonderful Warburtons Giant Crumpet ad. The UK has always been great to Kermit and company, and I recommend making this fullscreen before watching. In fact, you might even want to watch it two or three times. There are so many Muppets in it! Even Nigel!! (And the great Kirk Thatcher directed!)

There's also a behind-the-scenes video, a short spot with the Muppet Newsman, and some asides by Statler & Waldorf.

Also related: John Green and Mental Floss give us 31 Facts About Jim Henson.

That clip was brought to you by Lifetime, because on Saturday they are premiering Turkey Hollow...

...which is based on an unfilmed script by Jerry Juhl and Jim Henson from the sixties, and which is directed by...

...Kirk Thatcher! You see how I brought that back around in a circular way? This guy had the career I wanted, man... working at ILM on Return of the Jedi, Star Trek II, E.T., Poltergeist, and he was the punk on the bus in Star Trek IV. He worked on The Jim Henson Hour, was in charge of Dinosaurs (which he developed), and has worked on so many Muppet projects that... aw, just check out his Muppet Wiki page, the guy's one of my heroes. I can't wait for Turkey Hollow.

(Tough Pigs has everything you need to know about it here.)

And let's end on a sweet note. Big Bird interning at Funny or Die is sweeter than I thought it might be.

No comments: