Friday, October 23, 2015

This Week in Neat-O

:: Just listen to the sounds that porcupine makes as he's chowing down on his little pumpkin. Good for anxious days.

:: Batman v Superman, 1949-style.

:: EW has a very short clip from Jim Henson's Turkey Hollow, based on an unproduced project from the sixties by Jim Henson and Jerry Juhl. Love the creatures. The special airs on Lifetime on November 21. There's also a wonderful graphic novel from last year or so by Roger Langridge based on the script.

:: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Is Killing Auteur Theory. Good.

:: I saw the Force Awakens trailer and quite liked it. I liked it better than the other trailers, honestly, because it didn't feel like it catered to a specific type of fan as much as the others did. I have a guarded sort of excitement. I don't have much to say about it that hasn't already been said, but if you want a lot of speculation, io9 has a shot-for-shot breakdown.

(Aside: someone on Tumblr was telling me how hot Daisy Ridley is, and how she's going to be the object of a million fantasies after this movie, and I said "Daisy Ridley's cute and all, but has anyone even noticed how hot John Boyega is?" and that guy stopped talking to me. Jeez.)

Also, this comic is how I feel things are going to go:

Yeah... yeah, you really know how to ruin the experience of liking something, internet. (X)

:: Jessica Jones is just a month away: Netflix released the full trailer today.

1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

If you repeat the fact that I enjoyed the Elvira song, I'll deny it.