Thursday, October 08, 2015

Kevin Corcoran 1949-2015

I was sorry to see that Moochie passed away this week, and at the age of only 66. When I was a kid, I used to watch reruns of The Mickey Mouse Club on Disney Channel (back when they played a lot of old Disney content), and I remember seeing him in some of those and some episodes of the anthology shows, so I remember seeing Moochie of the Little League and Adventure in Dairyland and Spin and Marty and even The Rainbow Road to Oz. And, of course, he's in some of my favorite live action Disney films, like The Shaggy Dog, Old Yeller, Swiss Family Robinson, and the slight-but-charming Toby Tyler. He was always a reassuring presence, too, in the occasional documentary about Disney.

Very sorry to see that he's left us.

1 comment:

Tallulah Morehead said...

The Death of Kevin Cochran hit me hard. He was only a few months older than myself, so when all of his Disney work came out originally, he was always the age in the movie or TV show that I was when I saw it. Naturally, I came to identify with him. He was always "Me" in the movies and TV shows, and offscreen he was living the life I wanted, starring in Disney stuff.

I never got to meet him, and somehow it never occurred to me that he was mortal. Moochie was me? How could he die? That would mean I could die, and that's out of the question. I have gotten to meet Tommy Kirk a number of times, most recently, just three months ago. Sweet man.

Moochie dead. How can this be?