Thursday, October 01, 2015

It's October 1st

It's the first day of October, when I begin my Halloween countdown. (Some people begin even earlier, either on September 1st, or even in August, which leads to the hypocritical hilarity of the same people who celebrate Halloween before it's even Labor Day then admonishing others who dare to listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving with some variation of a smug "Calm down!" macro.) This is my favorite time of year, which I celebrate on Electronic Cerebrectomy by sharing cartoons, old pictures, Peanuts comics, and my love of Halloween-themed food. I'm not sure how often I'll be sharing this month. Some years, it's every day. Some years, it's just whenever I find something decent. But I definitely won't let this season go by without posting some stuff.

I'm going to start this year with the kind of pop culture silliness that I enjoy so much: the 1988 Fat Boys video "Are You Ready for Freddy," featuring Robert Englund menacing (and rapping!) in character as Freddy Krueger. This was part of the marketing for A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master, which helped cement Freddy's position as pop culture icon if you were the right age for it.

1 comment:

Kelly Sedinger said...

Always an enjoyable time 'round these parts!