Friday, September 25, 2015

This Week in Neat-O

Variety has a nice interview with Lisa Henson about the new Muppet sitcom, and what Jim Henson might have made of it. Honestly, I get it if the humor's not in your wheel house, but some of the reviews I've read about how ABC is desecrating these sweet, innocent characters makes me feel like those people are remembering Sesame Street and not The Muppet Show. On the other hand, at least people aren't ignoring the Muppets like they did the last time they had a network show, so that's something.

:: Sal Amendola on the contentious creation of a classic Batman story from 1974.

:: Long but interesting read on Salon about Bernie Sanders, Hillary Clinton, their different approaches to campaigning, and why (despite the media's refusal to acknowledge him) Bernie Sanders is winning with millennials and with those of us who are burned out on the process and the last 16 or so years.

:: I'm sure it's not for everyone, but I found the Rose McGown video "RM486" fascinating.

:: The new trailer for The Peanuts Movie is a lot like the previous one, but tighter. I really want to see this.

:: That virtual tour of the Enterprise-D that Unreal put together is pretty damn nice. (I also love that they used the First Contact music.)

:: A New Caption That Works for Every New Yorker Cartoon

:: Eclectic Method's "Classic Doctors" remix of the Doctor Who theme is cute.

:: The AV Club has an interview with horror icon Linnea Quigley.

:: I heard Sam Smith's song "Writing's On the Wall" from the new James Bond movie--which as far as I can tell is only available to hear on Spotify right now--and I thought it was really quite enchanting.

1 comment:

Dr. Monkey Hussein Monkerstein said...

Yeah, I knew as soon as I heard that the Muppets were coming back that some stuck in the past dweebs would be railing against anything they came up with. I like the new show, it's not perfect yet but it'll get there if they don't listen to the 'purists.'