Friday, September 18, 2015

This Week in Neat-O

:: The great Richard Williams talks about his next film, Prologue, which he is animating entirely by himself. Here's a video about it (which includes a tiny preview of the animation) and here's a print interview.

:: Found the art print I want for Christmas. The Kwisatz Haderach abides.

:: I missed John Oliver's back to school video.

:: The trailer for Michael Dougherty's Krampus is so good I wish I was watching the movie right now. His Trick 'r Treat is fantastic, and I hope this is a great holiday follow-up.

:: Other intrigueresting flicks: Todd Haynes' Carol, About Ray, The 5th Wave, Jon Favreau's surprisingly good-looking The Jungle Book, and the Rocky quasi-sequel Creed, which I'm very excited about, being a Rocky fan.

:: Great piece on Steve Whitmire, the Muppet performer who took over Kermit the Frog when Jim Henson died.

:: Kimberly Peirce's Remake of Carrie Struggled With Vagina-Phobic Execs Who Couldn't Say "Vagina"

:: Behold the Completely Absurd Insanity of Marvel Comics' 1990s "Cool-O-Meters". I remember these from when I was a teenager. Absurd, but I thought they were funny. (Sidenote: I wish hack click-bait headline writers would stop throwing words like "insane" around like it just means "unusual.")

1 comment:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I never thought there would ever be a KRAMPUS movie with actors in it that I know. That bodes very well. When you tell me the guy also made Trck N Treat I feel good about this one. I loves me some Krampus as you know.