Friday, August 14, 2015

This Week in Neat-O

:: Learn about Nina Paley's fascinating "embroidermation" process of animation.

:: 10 Former Internet Trolls Explain Why They Quit Being Jerks

:: I love this Funny or Die video of Kristen Stewart and Jesse Eisenberg interviewing each other about their new movie. It perfectly illustrates not only why I never watch celebrity interviews, but also the truly infuriating and stupid double standard of how men and women are asked questions.

:: Why 35 screenwriters worked on The Flintstones movie. I keep hoping someone will write a book about the making of that movie one day. I don't know why, but over the years it's sort of become one of those failures I'm fascinated with. It has so many of the right elements, but it doesn't work on any level... how did that thing go so incredibly wrong? Other than, obviously, trying to be a kiddie movie about corporate espionage, social advancement, and other things no kid cares about.

:: An oral history of Lollapalooza '95.

:: First trailer for Quentin Tarantino's The Hateful Eight has me excited.

No comments: