Sunday, August 30, 2015

Song of the Week: "Crackerbox Palace"

George Harrison songs are always a go-to for me when I'm feeling... well, I haven't been feeling depressed, exactly, but in the same late summer doldrums that have been a feature of the past few Augusts, when the days just drag the hell on. At least there hasn't been an outpouring of negativity to try desperately not to internalize this time around. You may have noticed I haven't been around much this week, but it's more of a burnout than a disengagement. Just burned out being online. I've been watching a lot of movies and, surprisingly, Seinfeld, I show I'm really rediscovering. That's one I didn't exactly miss the first time around, but didn't really get into on the same level as everyone else did. I guess I needed a couple of decades to appreciate it. Also, I got Lego Batman 3 for my birthday and I've been playing the hell out of that.

So it's our False Fall now, that couple of weeks where temps drop into the 60s and 70s and it clouds over and rains a lot. It'll be hot and humid next week, though, which is what always happens at the beginning of September. The lack of sun and the long days have been generally doing me in, especially with how out of control my allergies were--I wasn't sick this week, but I might as well have been, because my energy was gone and I needed to sleep a lot. Blurgh. Just a mixed bag this week.

Anyway, it's not as bad as it sounds, so here's some George Harrison to get me back on track, with the whimsical Eric Idle-directed video for his 1976 single "Crackerbox Palace."

1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

I always liked this. Not as super serious as some of his earlier solo stuff.