Friday, July 31, 2015

Rowdy Roddy Piper 1954-2015

Sad, sad news that wrestler Rowdy Roddy Piper has died of a heart attack. The guy just survived cancer. Roddy was probably my second favorite wrestler when I was a kid. I especially loved it when he would host his show Piper's Pit during broadcasts. He was mouthy, and he was sassy, but he was damn funny. I also loved him in films of varying quality, from John Carpenter's They Live to Hell Comes to Frogtown and the terrible Body Slam.

Man, he's only a year older than my Dad. That's hard to think about. I can't imagine what his family is dealing with right now. He was just a piece of my childhood puzzle, you know? Sad, sad news.

2 comments:

Carl said...

I. Forgot. About. Hell Comes to Frogtown.

How the Hell (!) did I forget about that one!?!

Roger Owen Green said...

Evanier wrote this story about Piper