Friday, June 19, 2015

This Week in Neat-O

:: New trailer for The Peanuts Movie. Turns out I'm really looking forward to this movie. I mean, I liked the teasers already, but this looks charming.

:: Spider-Man Can't Be Gay or Black suggests that Spidey's cinematic heterosexual whiteness is a contractual obligation. At this point, there are so many Spider-Man and -Women in the Marvel Universe that there's a whole mythology. Honestly, I'm waiting for a secret order of spider knights from the future at this point. In other words, Spider-Man comics have been totally unreadable for years, with the exception of Miles Morales. I agree with one thing for sure from this article: Spider-Man is a movie character is totally stale. That's the one thing coming from the MCU I'm not remotely looking forward to.

Well, that's actually it this week. Given what's dominating the news, we're all a little weary. Or we should be. Go do something neat-o this weekend.

No comments: