Friday, May 29, 2015

This Week in Neat-O

:: How Movie Studios Exploit Video on Demand Services

:: Tough Pigs took a tour of the new Sesame Street set.

:: ILM Celebrates 40 Years of Creating the Impossible. Just a neat, minute-long sizzle reel of some of Industrial Light & Magic's visual effects, posted by the company. The kind of thing I love to watch eight times in a row.

:: It’s Terrifying To Think That In 1,000 Years, All Of Us Will Be Forgotten Except For Me, an editorial by Bill Paxton.

:: The Honest Trailer for Armageddon nails it. But how the hell did I never think about Liv Tyler's real dad singing that song? The animal crackers scene just became 10,000x creepier!

:: I'm probably the only one, but the red-band trailer for American Ultra looks funny to me. I had no idea what it was about--I'll just see anything with Kristen Stewart in it, as you know--but I think the idea of a stoner take on The Bourne Identity is kind of hilarious. Here's hoping it's better than 30 Minutes or Less, anyway...

:: It's the end of an era: Rick Baker is retiring and he's having a big damn auction to celebrate. Boy, I'd love a Gremlin, but I will never have that kind of money. Also, it's happening right now! You can livestream it! Go! Go!

2 comments:

MC said...

My favorite part of the honest Armageddon trailer was a single word: Wow.

SamuraiFrog said...

And in exactly the right tone, too.