Friday, April 24, 2015

This Week in Neat-O

So, Variety says that Michelle McLaren's creative difficulties with Warner Bros. over Wonder Woman were that she wanted a Braveheart-style epic and the studio wanted something "less heavy on action." Seriously? Would these same executives ever say there should be less action in a Superman or Batman movie? But the girl movie should have less action? It's hard not to get annoyed by it, especially after that idiotic Batman v. Superman teaser. Someone doesn't realize that too much grimdark becomes its own kind of campy.

:: The Daredevil/Night Court opening is pretty cute.

:: This week, the 1977 (Richard Shickel-penned) documentary The Making of Star Wars showed up on YouTube and people are making a big deal about it. It was the first documentary about Star Wars. I remember watching it a lot when I was a kid, but I haven't seen it in a couple of decades and it was neat to see it again. I used to watch it on a VHS that had a preview for The Empire Strikes Back that played after the credits. Great stuff.

:: The new Fantastic Four trailer is almost a hundred percent Warren Ellis' Ultimate Fantastic Four.

:: The new Jurassic World trailer. This movie looks fun as hell.

:: Tomorrowland also looks fun as hell.

:: I'm sure it's blasphemy, but I'm more excited about the second season of Star Wars Rebels than I am about Episode VII. But Episode VII doesn't have Ahsoka Tano, so there we are. The second season trailer was released, and Darth Vader is all over it! And they're bringing back Captain Rex from Clone Wars! And Hondo Ohnaka!

Speaking of movies I'd rather see...


Just stop running from the camp... it's a guy dressed as a bat. Stop apologizing for Superman not being cool, and quit running from the silliness. I'm not saying it has to be silly, I'm just saying we need to stop pretending it's serious.

No comments: