Friday, April 10, 2015

This Week in Neat-O

I don't hate how the Thing looks in the new Fantastic Four movie. I think too many people are so caught up in how the movie doesn't look like the one they have in their heads that they're not looking at what's there and not really judging it for what it is. I don't know if this movie will be good or not, but it's disheartening just how much a movie has to placate people before it even comes out.

:: The fake If "Avengers: Age of Ultron" Came Out In 1995 trailer really took me back. Yes, this is exactly what it would have looked like--and sounded like, right down to that exact track from the Aliens score.

:: ”Twin Peaks without David Lynch is like…??” Can't say I'm really into a Lynch-less Twin Peaks.

:: The trailer for the third season of Orange Is the New Black. Looks like season three is giving me exactly what I'd hoped for: more Lori Petty.

:: Also looking forward to Grace and Frankie.

:: The teaser for the second season of True Detective is... well, it's a thing that exists. It has a bigger, less interesting cast than the first season, and I have no idea what it's about, or if it will even come close to being as good as the first season... I mean, how could it be? Still, I'm up for it. And truth be told, I kind of like that I have no idea what to expect, because I'd rather just watch it unfold.

:: And finally, my weekend will be bingewatching Daredevil, and then, FINALLY, the Game of Thrones season premiere...

2 comments:

Tallulah Morehead said...

Twin Peaks without David Lynch would not be Twin Peaks; it would be an imitation of Twin Peaks. And we've had more than enough imitations of Twin Peaks. (I'm looking at you, Bates Motel.)

MC said...

You just reminded me of a thought I had last night with one of these.

I wondered if Joss Whedon had creative control of the MCU a decade earlier, if Alyson Hannigan would've become Scarlet Witch.