Friday, April 03, 2015

This Week in Neat-O

I sincerely wish the creative team over at ABC the best of luck trying to revive The Muppet Show. I hate to be this cynical, but, well... I'll believe it when I see it. It seems like every couple of years they're talking about it, and this won't be the first attempted Muppet pilot since I've been on this blog. And then I'll have all of the "it's not the same because I can't accept the passage of time!" comments to look forward to on the internet if the show actually does make it to air... ah, well, we'll see. It's got a lot of talented people on it, including Bill Prady, who actually used to work on The Jim Henson Hour and Muppet Babies. They'll be focusing on the Muppet family of characters, but I hope they allow for new characters and some experimentation, too. I don't want them to try too hard to do the same thing as The Muppet Show... more Muppets Most Wanted than The Muppets, please. And give Bill Barretta's characters more screen time!

Anyway, on to the neat-o.

:: Have you ever seen Warwick Davis' adorable home movies from the set of Return of the Jedi? Well, here they are; less than four minutes, and very cute.

:: 'Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles': Untold Story of the Movie "Every Studio in Hollywood" Rejected

:: SPEED RACER As Artist. Film Crit Hulk has a great take on one of his (and one of my) favorite movies.

:: I hope when Roger Moore says that he doesn't think London-born Idris Elba "isn't English enough" to play James Bond, that's not old white guy code for "too Black."

:: Hannibal Burress destroys a heckler.

:: Jurassic World TV spot. The excitement still percolates within. Also, here's another trailer for Poltergeist.

:: An Extraordinary Macro Timelapse of Aquatic Wildlife by Sandro Bocci

:: Artoo in Love is a cute Star Wars fan film featuring my favorite character. Jeez, I want my own astromech.

:: As disinterested as I am in NBC's live musicals (I never did watch Peter Pan, although I liked a couple of aspects of The Sound of Music), that's how curious I am to see what they do with The Wiz.

:: Here is a heartbreaking Canadian PSA where homeless people read mean tweets about the homeless. Those are some heartless tweets written by people who don't see other people as human beings.

And finally... Mylo the Cat, the YouTube genius who brought you Rowlf the Dog singing Biz Markie's "Just a Friend" mashes the Muppets with another, erm, rap classic from my childhood:

No comments: