Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Last Night's Rebels Star Wars'd So Hard, You Guys

RuPaul's Drag Race finally premiered its new season last night. But the other most exciting thing on TV for me last night was the first season finale of Star Wars Rebels.

Spoilers and such coming immediately.

The whole thing was this exciting explosion of... I don't know how to say it, but... Star Wars-ness. Kanan's duel with the Inquistor. Imperial Star Destroyers. Grand Moff Tarkin. And then, right towards the end, the appearance of other Rebels besides the crew of the Ghost, which is probably the first step towards really uniting the individual cells and starting a concerted campaign of rebellion.

That group of Rebel ships coming out of hyperspace excited me alone, particularly with the season's second appearance by Senator Bail Organa. But then... then this.

My dreams for this show come true: Rebel coordinator Fulcrum is, in fact, Ahsoka Tano.

Ahsoka freakin' Tano!

Ahsoka is back!

God, I love Ahsoka. She's one of my favorite Star Wars characters of all time, and here she is, in the leadership of the rebellion against the Empire. I am so disgustingly happy about this.

But then... since the Inquisitor and General Kallus have failed to get the Rebels under control... this.

Darth Vader, y'all. Darth Vader.

So far, Vader's appearance on the show amounted to a single cameo in the very first episode, in which he charged the Inquistor with tracking down "the Children of the Force," aka Force-sensitive youngsters who could be trained to as Jedi and cause problems for the Empire. But now, here he is again, in the flesh, not saying a word, but dominating all with his presence and that rasp.

Is Vader going to be regularly on Rebels? And if so, will James Earl Jones voice him, as he did in the premiere episode? God, this is exciting to me.

And the parallel here... Anakin on one side, Ahsoka on the other. The master and the apprentice.

I can not wait for season two!

1 comment:

Semaj said...

Thanks for the heads up. I will be catching up with the show when the new episode show up ON Demand. I kind of figured she'd show up. Some people did guessed right that she was going to be the contact.

I love this show and I really love the musical themes they use in each episode from the movie series

This show is good. SW has come a long way from those cartoon shows from the 80s like Droids and Ewoks.