Friday, February 06, 2015

This Week in Neat-O

[x]

:: Here's a fantastic supercut for anyone who, like me, absolutely effing loves swordfighting in movies.

:: Hear Isolated Guitar Tracks From Some of Rock’s Greatest: Slash, Eddie Van Halen, Eric Clapton & More

:: Drone footage of the concentration camp at Auschwitz is haunting.

:: After that despair, lighten your mood with Hot Toys' surprisingly cute Avengers: Age of Ultron toys. Why not buy me an Ultron Drone for being such a good guy, eh?

(I feel compelled to add that was just me being, um... let's say "cute.")

Also, check out the new GoBots figures Bandai is making. Damn.

:: A couple of guys named Paul Robertson and Ivan Dixon made a very clever and beautiful pixel-animation version of the Simpsons opening that the show should definitely use on an episode.

:: Weird Al Yankovic's Mandatory World Tour Announcement Video is delightful.

:: A bunch of intrigueresting trailers this week: Minions (I still need to see Despicable Me 2); Magic Mike XXL (which I think is fun to imagine is a sequel to Step Up); Marvel's Netflix Daredevil series; Tomorrowland (which I want to see for that Syd Mead-designed city alone); Insurgent (which really pulled me in with that sequence instead of just doing a bunch of fast cuts); the Sam Raimi-produced Poltergeist remake (also available in a more linear--and grosser--international version); Furious 7 (holy crap!); and the two movies I'm most can't wait to see this year: Jurassic World and Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Did you hear all the talk about the Gray Hulk being in the movie? Damn!

(For the record, I don't know what the hell is going on in that Terminator trailer, and I don't really care.)

But what I'm most excited for is getting to play Lego Jurassic World, which had a charming as hell trailer that dropped this week,

No comments: