Sunday, February 01, 2015

Song of the Week: "Winter"

I'm a little surprised I've been doing Song of the Week since 2006 and I've never had a Tori Amos song up. In high school, Little Earthquakes and Under the Pink were everything, and Boys for Pele is one of my all time favorite albums. I was such a huge fan. It's been snowing here since last night (11 inches of snow and counting so far), and I was trying to think of a song about winter, and this suddenly just flooded into my mind. I know it's not actually about winter--it's about Amos' relationship with her minister father--but it's just such a beautiful song and I'm having a bit of trouble myself right now. Still having outsize reactions to everything and a LOT of physical pain because of the ongoing detox from being on Effexor. So here's the kind of music I was listening to in high school in the early nineties.

1 comment:

MC said...

Tori Amos was a huge part of my high school playlist as well.

It is weird watching the video for this song now because I know there is a slight edit in this version and I notice it every time.