Monday, February 23, 2015

Muppet Monday

February's not even over, and there's already been so much great Sesame Street stuff in 2015. A bunch of people made sure I saw these videos, and I thank you all. It means a lot to me that so many of you actually want to ensure that I see Muppet stuff; you wonderfully outnumber the people who have laughed at me or tried to make me feel embarrassed about being a grown man who's still into Muppets. (And come to think of it, I'm related to all those people... sheesh.)

These videos were both produced by Mashable.

Firstly, the riff on this year's Oscar winner, Big Birdman, or (The Unexpected Virtue of Orange Pants) with Carroll Spinney, and directed by Joey Mazzarino (who performs Murray on Sesame Street):



That's Matt Vogel inside the Big Bird costume in this one. I've heard rumors that when Spinney retires, Kevin Clash might inherit the bird.

And second, Simply Delicious Shower Thoughts with Cookie Monster is brilliant, and co-produced by Muppet fanatic Annie Colbert, who has done a lot of great videos and articles about Muppets for Mashable, including the ones with Grover and Kid President, and that great news video with Cookie Monster and John Oliver.

No comments: