Friday, January 16, 2015

This Week in Neat-O

This has proven to be an astonishingly shitty week, so here's some of the stuff that brought me a little joy.

:: Popeye Loops is a neat Tumblr devoted to looping animation from old Popeye cartoons.

:: A 3 year old watches Star Wars for the first time. We only see him watch the first three minutes, but the intensity of his interest is touching and makes me need to watch the movies again.

:: Without the theme music, MacGyver’s intro is upsetting and odd.

:: The trailer for Unfriended is insane in that way that makes me immediately want to see it.

:: LEGO Groot, Hodor, and Chewbacca: "No One Understands"

:: Watch 100 years of Black beauty evolve in one mesmerizing minute.

:: Rescued Chicken Purrs Like a Kitten Whenever Her Human Pets Her.

:: Someone Flew a Drone Through Frozen Chicago and the Result Is Hauntingly Beautiful

:: I love the new animated McDonald's ads so much that it's a shame they ruined all of that goodwill with that tone-deaf, ill-considered "Signs" ad exploiting national tragedies to insinuate McDonald's as part of the American fabric. So this sarcastic YouTube parody was a fitting answer to it.

:: 8-Bit Guardians of the Galaxy.

:: Top 10 Biggest Design Flaws In The U.S.S. Enterprise

:: Jimmy Fallon and Gwyneth Paltrow performing Broadway versions of rap songs.

:: RIP Kim Fowley. I have mixed feelings about him, but he did produce two of my all-time favorite albums.

And lastly, a couple of fanmade trailers that are basically what's been going on in my mind since I was five. Do all these characters exist in the same universe? Yes; it's called my imagination.

2 comments:

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

If the purpose of a trailer is to make me want to see the movie then both of these makes me wish we lived in such a world were more than just the trailer could exist. The story potential alone by combining the properties makes my head want to explode.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

If the purpose of a trailer is to make me want to see the movie then both of these makes me wish we lived in such a world were more than just the trailer could exist. The story potential alone by combining the properties makes my head want to explode.