Friday, January 02, 2015

This Week in Neat-O


[gif]

:: I'm not going to bother linking it as everyone's probably seen it by now, but I can't figure out what the hell is going on in that new Terminator trailer. This Auralnauts take on it is pretty much how I felt.

:: Speaking of 80s movies, check out Critters: Bounty Hunter, a fan film by Jordan Downey as something of a pitch to make a Critters reboot. I'm sold. This captures the fun of 80s cult movies, and kudos on the Terence Mann cameo. I love that the Crite is a puppet. (I cringe when there's occasional talk of a Gremlins reboot, because I don't want to see CGI Gremlins.)

:: Moving into the 90s, here's a lovely rendition of James Horner's Braveheart theme by Art Cinema Ensemble, a quartet of musicians (two violins, a cello and a piano).

:: This Is the Stupidest Anti-Science Bullshit of 2014

:: Peter Lynn's annual 10 Most Dead People of the Year.

:: 86 Viral Images From 2014 That Were Totally Fake

:: Over-Hyped, Misunderstood, Or Retracted Space Science From This Year

:: I promise not to end every one of these with a Force Awakens trailer mash-up, but... well, this one really, really impressed me.

No comments: