Monday, January 19, 2015

Muppet Monday

Since it's Martin Luther King, Jr. Day today, I thought I'd put up a couple of segments from the current season of Sesame Street.

The first is Lupita Nyong'o appearing with Elmo to explain the word of the day: "skin."



And the second is a song, "The Color of Me," in which Leela, Mando and Chris sing about their skin color to encourage an Anything Muppet named Segi. Segi is the same Anything Muppet from "I Love My Hair," which I posted last week. She has a name now! And it's the name of Joey Mazzarino's adoptive daughter, whom he wrote "I Love My Hair" for--he wrote this song, too, with composer Bill Sherman. I don't know who's performing Segi now, but Chantylla Johnson is still providing that beautiful singing voice.



Chris is probably my favorite of the more recent human cast members on the show. I really only know what I see online, but I like Chris.

No comments: