Friday, December 12, 2014

This Week in Neat-O

Here's some neat stuff that I saw this week. Most of it is video links, so here's some stuff to look at this weekend.

:: Wanderers, a short film by Erik Wernquist that imagines our future among the stars and uses the voice of Carl Sagan.

:: The 2014 installment of DJ Earworm's annual United State of Pop mash-up. Dig the slower vibe this year.

:: Nick Offerman's musical ode to whisky.

:: Here's a new Jupiter Ascending trailer. I'm surprised at how much I want to see this movie. And in this trailer there are more shots of that flying lizard man, which is totally my kind of thing.

:: I'm far less certain about Strange Magic, though... Great visuals, but...

Just wanted to say that I really dig Scarlett Johansson's sexy new haircut.

:: There are a lot of Star Wars #1 variant covers. 45, apparently. Not even sure if I'm going to read the comic, but loving the excitement.

:: I liked last week's James Franco-hosted Saturday Night Live more than I've liked most of the episodes this season, but even so, they seem to have cut two of the best sketches in dress rehearsal. The problem with the show is the lack of a point of view and a general unwillingness to take on anything edgy or relevant. So it's too bad they cut this Ferguson sketch and this spot-on VH1 parody. Just fire Colin Jost and we'll call it even.

:: TCM Remembers, 2014.

1 comment:

Tallulah Morehead said...

I agree that the Franco SNL was one of their best episodes this season, the other being the Bill Hader-hosted episode. The rest have all sucked.