Friday, November 28, 2014

This Week in Neat-O

This set of solar system-inspired glasses is wonderful. You can get them here, but not in time for Christmas, as they are sold out. Look at them: they deserve to be sold out. They're glorious.

:: The elephant is my favorite animal in the world. Here's a two and a half minute video of baby elephants being clumsy and adorable set to the obvious music.

:: And finally, trailers.

First, the international trailer for Jupiter Ascending, a movie I very much wanted to see (to my surprise). I guess after Speed Racer and Cloud Atlas, I'm just willing to give the Wachowskis the benefit of the doubt. Some people are so angry when I say shit like that.

Second, the trailer for DreamWorks Animation's Home, which looks like fun. Since it's not a part of one of their franchises, I assume I'll love it but it'll under-perform and then people will say things to me like they have in the past along the lines of "You actually liked Monsters vs. Aliens? But Madagascar 2 made so much more money!!" (See also: Megamind, Rise of the Guardians, and probably Mr. Peabody and Sherman, which is absolutely wonderful.)

And finally, of course, there's the teaser trailer for The Force Awakens, the seventh episode in the Star Wars saga.


Yeah, I'll admit it: this gave me chills through my entire body. The whole time it was in production, I was a little cynical, but yeah, I'm on board.

No comments: