Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A New Peanuts Trailer

Fox released a new trailer for Blue Sky's upcoming Peanuts movie. This one's a little longer and definitely has more action. I'm surprised how much I'm looking forward to this. The constant online rage against computer animation and remakes and what have you is pretty played out to me. I like what Blue Sky is trying to do, where they're trying to balance the charm of the classic Bill Melendez cartoons with modern CG animated films. I especially like the animation itself, which adds textures to the characters and tries to combine the 2-D, flat animation with a more shaded 3-D approach. I find it kind of charming. I'm interested to see what the final film is like.

1 comment:

Jason said...

I really dreaded this project when I first heard about it, and my first glimpse of the 3D versions of these characters... unnerved me. But I have to confess I'm actually quite charmed by this trailer. It seems to genuinely capture the feel and spirit of the old animated specials...