Friday, October 17, 2014

What Married People Talk About In Bed

Last night, after turning off the lights and getting into bed.

BECCA: If you had to spend the rest of your life with a cereal mascot, who would it be?

ME: Why would I even want to do that?

BECCA: This is a very important question.

ME: But they're all manic, why would I choose to live with any of them?

BECCA: I don't know, but you have to pick one.

ME: Well, do they at least give me access to as much of their cereal as I want?

BECCA: Well, what else would be the point of living with one?

ME: Yeah... Do tie-ins count? Media tie-ins?

BECCA: Yes. But they have to have appeared on the box. So if you chose Batman Cereal, you would just have this giant, non-sentient bat-symbol.

ME: Well, then that's what I pick, obviously, because then I can just hang the symbol on the wall and eat Batman Cereal every day of my life, which is my dream, anyway.

BECCA: Well played, sir.

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

CEREAL! I suppose I'd pick Sugar Bear, because...I need a reason?

SamuraiFrog said...

Perhaps he saved your life tonight?

...

That was a terrible referential half-joke.