Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Only 105 Days Until Christmas

Well, yesterday I pointed out my first Halloween pop culture encounter of the season. Today was my first Christmas pop culture encounter. Just minding my own business watching The Golden Girls this morning on the Hallmark Channel, and there they are, showing commercials already for their big annual all Christmas movies all the time marathon, which starts on Halloween and continues until, I don't know, probably mid-January or something. I think they're a little freaked out because September is one of the three months a year when they're not showing an onslaught of cheap, hollow Christmas movies. (Whomever decided "Christmas in July" was a programming event instead of something tacky and lame can kiss my mistletoe.)

Man, Halloween gets a little extra attention and Christmas just can't handle it.

No comments: