Sunday, July 06, 2014

Song of the Week: "Gossip Folks"

Songs for Becca #16. Another hip hop single from 2003. This was a period when she was really into hip hop. This is Missy Elliott, with another appearance from Mr. Wiggle himself, Ludacris. I still sing bits of the chorus all of a sudden for no reason, which is actually sampled from "Double Dutch Bus." This was a damn good album, too. Anyway, this is a summer of hip hop, apparently. Makes me aware of how much I've neglected the genre since I started posting a Song of the Week. (This is my 402nd week doing this, by the way. Time flies.)

2 comments:

Zach Murphy said...

I still think the amount of Missy Elliott influence in hip-hop today is criminally overlooked.

Becca said...

Shazam, my kids hurt, ka bling it blang....

Those are the words from Double Dutch Bus right?