Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sunday

Hafa adai and happy Easter.

I’m sitting here in my living room, spending Easter alone. Barely anyone is home in my apartment complex, so all I can hear are the birds and the psychedelic rock I’m listening to. I’m drinking coffee and feeling the breeze from the open patio door. I’m only wearing underwear because my wife took all of my pants to her mom’s to do laundry. Last night I had hot dogs steamed in beer and learned how to make my own vanilla Cokes. Syrup is surprisingly easy to make.

Tomorrow I’m starting my first ever group therapy. It’s a mindfulness group: yoga stretches, walking, breathing exercises, meditation. Should help keep me calm and in the present more often. Spring is my element and I’m finally in it.

I just want to be happy again. I feel damn good today. It’s a start.

Have a nice Sunday, everyone. Suette!

2 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

yoga sounds like a good idea that I never do myself...

SamuraiFrog said...

I think I'm going to have a lot of difficulty with that, but hopefully some stretches will be good. I find that just stretching before bed makes me feel more relaxed. I have such a hard time sleeping even at the best of times.