Sunday, April 27, 2014

Song of the Week: "It's My Time to Fly"

Well, according to my records, the last time I had a song up from the Titan AE soundtrack was 2007, so I guess it's time for another one.

Songs for Becca #11. This seems to fit, because I absolutely love the movie Titan AE, and... well, actually, I have no idea if Becca likes the movie, also, or not... I'm never a hundred percent sure, probably because I just don't tend to expect people to dig the same things I do (and the internet is usually there with a troll or a hateboy to reinforce that). But I do know she really digs this song by the Urge, and I haven't heard it in a long time, so here it is.

She's out at C2E2 today, selling art and meeting Jamie Murray and putting a lot of effort into her art career. I'm really proud of her and what she's doing; I've never really been that good at pursuing anything I wanted to pursue. I admire her resolve, because I see her every day and I know it's not always easy for her. That's a major part of why I'm in therapy: so I can get better and support her better, because really I'd rather make it as easy as possible for her to run down her dreams than do anything else. That's why I'm trying really hard--and actually succeeding--at containing a lot of anxiety reactions this weekend. I have problems, stemming from childhood neglect and my anxiety disorder, being alone here for very long periods of time. This weekend (including Friday), she's left before I get up and gotten home around 10 at night. That's a long time to be alone for me. But I'm actually dealing with it. I'm doing okay. And I feel good about it, because Becca doesn't have to come home after a long, good, successful day to a basket case in her living room.

So this song is for both of us, because we're both doing so great this weekend. Father, be with me tonight... I'm right on target... keep the dream alive. Both of us.

No comments: