Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Bob Hoskins 1942-2014

He's one of my favorite actors ever. Even in bad movies, he was usually the bright spot. Even in movies where he didn't have a very large role, he was one of the best things about them. God, I loved Bob Hoskins. I'm sorry to hear he's passed on. I knew it was inevitable since he announced his retirement in 2012. But still, it makes me sad.

I'm so glad for the legacy of great films and great acting. The Long Good Friday and Mona Lisa are two of my favorite films. Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Brazil. Mrs. Henderson Presents. I could go on and on, and like I said, even the bad movies he was in are often worth it just for his performance. (Super Mario Bros. notwithstanding, of course.)

Sorry to hear it. So sorry to hear it.

1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

Sad to hear. I did not know this until just now, though I knew he had retired.