Wednesday, March 26, 2014

K Is for Kermit

Since I saw and loved Muppets Most Wanted this week, I thought I'd take a snapshot with my favorite Kermit. (I say that because I have three stuffed Kermits... so far.)

This guy was made by Fisher-Price back in 1977 and has Velcro on his hands and feet so you can pose him a bit. I've had him as far back as I can remember. He's a little faded in the eyes, but he still sits in the cabinet in my headboard, and he's never going away. He was my childhood companion, and even though I know the scale is wrong, I still have a tendency to picture Kermit small like this.

When I was in second grade, I had a friend named Darren who also loved Muppets. In fact, he had Fisher-Price's handsome Rowlf doll. He also had a Gobo Fraggle. I had a Wembley Fraggle. Of course we were friends. We both loved the Muppets.

We used those stuffed animals and others in a play that we wrote and performed for the class that year simply (and generically) titled The Adventures of Gobo Fraggle. In true Muppet tradition, it was hosted by Kermit the Frog. That Kermit up there in the picture.

Just remembering that today and feeling good.

You can't go wrong with a frog.

ABC Wednesday

3 comments:

Carver said...

Great shot for K day. Carver, ABC Wed. Team

Roger Owen Green said...

I do believe he sings my theme song.

Jason said...

What a great toy. It's good that you still have it! I have a Christmas Kermit my parents gave me when I was in college... he's wearing a fancy fest and a scarf. Love him...