Sunday, March 23, 2014

James Rebhorn 1948-2014

I'm sorry to hear about the passing of character actor James Rebhorn. Though I'd seen him before, I think when I really started to take notice of him was in 1991 when he played William Wheaton in Sarah, Plain and Tall. I just really liked him in it; I was glad when he had a bigger role in the sequel, Skylark. That was about the time I started to really pay attention to the actors I liked and got serious about movies. (I was 14 when Sarah aired.) Most recently, I've really liked him as Carrie's father on Homeland. He played a lot of officious guys, but he had a few endearing characterizations, too.

1 comment:

Roger Owen Green said...

I said to my wife that he died, and she didn't know the name, but she saw the picture and said, "Oh, THAT guy!"