Monday, February 24, 2014

Harold Ramis 1944-2014

I'm saddened to hear today that one of my comedy heroes, Harold Ramis, has died suddenly at the age of 69. I was 8 when Ghostbusters came out, a movie I saw a dozen times in the theater alone. That was a movie my Dad and I bonded over, and so was Groundhog Day, one of a few movies my Dad and I both loved and watched repeatedly together on cable at a time when, post-divorce, I didn't always feel comfortable at my Dad's.

Thanks for all of that and so much more, Mr. Ramis. Thanks for SCTV and Caddyshack and Animal House and Back to School and Ghostbusters: The Video Game and even just showing up sometimes on my local WGN news and all of the countless hours I've spent laughing. Thank you so much. I'm so sorry you're no longer with us, but I will always be glad that you were here.

No comments: