Friday, December 13, 2013

Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas, Beautiful

So, today is Taylor Swift's birthday, and it's nearly Christmas, which makes me think she probably got a lot of combo gifts growing up. I've been thinking about that, because my first niece is due to be born any day now, and I keep thinking how she is probably going to get a lot of combo gifts, too. (A fate just barely avoided by her mother, whose birthday is 17 days after Christmas.)

I don't do a lot for birthdays or holidays or anything for both financial and psychological reasons, but I keep thinking that maybe I should calculate the niece's half-birthday every year and send her something for that. I haven't talked to my sister about that, but it's also the kind of thing I like to spring on her to keep her on her toes.

I lucked out getting born on July 17. Practically the middle of the year. Evenly removed from the Christmas bonanza on each side.

1 comment:

Clotee S said...

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
By the way, I'm clotee. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-store. Nice to know you.

Regards,
Clotee