Sunday, November 17, 2013

Song of the Week: "Sweet Soul Revue"

I can't believe in the seven years I've been doing Song of the Week, I've never had Pizzicato Five up before. When they hit over here back in the mid-nineties with "Twiggy Twiggy Twiggy," the Made in USA compilation came out and Becca and I played the hell out of that thing. This is kind of one of our songs, and just hearing it right now makes me incredibly happy. Damn it, the late nineties were good.

I've been locked in this late nineties nostalgia mood because that was a really happy time in my life, when my wife and I were first dating and the responsibilities and burdens weren't so crushing yet. That was the last time in my life when, despite all the responsibilities and burdens I did have, I felt truly carefree.

No comments: