Sunday, November 03, 2013

Song of the Week: "Perfect Day"

Lou Reed died a week ago. I didn't have much to say about it at the time; I've never been a big fan of his, despite the role he's played in influencing the trajectory of some of my favorite musical genres (art rock, glam rock, punk rock). But I knew I was going to put this up as Song of the Week because this is my favorite track from Transformer, one of my favorite albums of all time. This is one of a handful of albums I really consider perfect. And this track... I float away on this track (which is why I consider its use in Trainspotting darkly fitting). And the bridge in this song, when the piano plays, and strings are added in a sort of urgency... gah, I can't describe it, but I could live in that moment. I could die in that moment.

Perfect song. Perfect album. "Perfect Day."

No comments: